Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ninja Mickey is completed!


Okay, finally after a couple of weeks the finished product. It took a while to get it all to play together, you might be surprised how tricky it is to use all black tones and still manage some level of distinction. It was also hard to free form mickey this way... it is not a natural Mickey pose.

Anyway I am pleased with the result and I can't wait to get it off to the presses. Let me know what you think.

Maybe next time I will do several more stages than just the sketch and final. I am planning another Disney piece soon to go on a shirt for my daughter's second birthday next month.

5 comments:

Brent and Emily said...

Sweet!

Alisha said...

I love Ninja Mickey and the t-shirts! We always make our own shirts for Disney. In 2006, I made one for my brother that said, "Captain Jack Sparrow stole my woman." LOL!

Great job, Jake!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were still drawing Jake! Great Job on Ninja Mickey...I really like the detailed lighting/shading.

Loree said...

wow jake, love the ninja! hope you have a great time at disneyland. i am jealous!

Chad said...

I wouldn't trust any other mickey mouse... He makes me feel like he is part of the brotherhood...